Non-profit organizations which provide human services to the people of Kauai can apply for Kauai United Way funding for the period July 2018 through June 2019. In order to be eligible for funding, organizations must be able to demonstrate that they:
- have been providing services which are important to the people of Kauai for at least two years,
- receive broad community support,
- have held IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status for at least two years,
- have an active, responsible board of directors who serve without compensation,
- conduct their work in a responsible and ethical manner,
- maintain active programs and proper financial records and utilize their funds efficiently,
- make annual program and financial reports available to the public,
- seek funding from additional sources, as described in the Principles of Admission,
- support the Kauai United Way annual campaign among their staff and the community,
- assist the Kauai United Way annual campaign and special events throughout the year,
- work cooperatively with other Kauai United Way participating agencies, and
- can meet other requirements deemed necessary for compliance with Kauai United Way’s policies.
Applicants must complete an extensive application describing their programs and documenting the above requirements. Organizations accepted as Participating Agencies agree to provide periodic financial reports and to allow Kauai United Way representatives to examine their financial records as we deem necessary. While Participating Agencies devote their fundraising efforts to the entire community by joining the Kauai United Way Annual Campaign during the Shared Fundraising Period (September and October), they are free to fundraise on their own the other ten months of the year. Organizations wishing to apply should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for application information.
Potential applicants must contact Lori Almarza at 245-2043 by Monday, February 5, 2018 informing Kauai United Way of their intent to apply. Instructions will be issued following that inquiry as to how to apply for funding.
A volunteer Allocations Committee will meet soon thereafter to evaluate their applications and interview applicants. If you have questions, call 245-2043.